Today I had a doctor's appointment for my social security thing in Lyon. Lyon is about two hours away and Dimitri had a meeting there so he drove and I kinda slept. We went to where his meeting was and then I was supposed to walk and find the doctor's office. I got a bit lost but then found my way. I walked for at least two hours! It was nice though. I got to see quite a bit of the city and stopped at a bakery where as soon as the cashier found out I was American asked who I was voting for haha! So I found the office and still had about two hours to kill. I found a little church with a park and sat on a bench to eat. There were pigeons around and even though they are nasty and gross I felt bad for them because a few of them had string stuck on their feet that had deformed them. Then they all flew away at once for no reason. I watch them go wait on the sidewalk for a lady that was still 30 feet away on the other side of the street. When she gets to them she throws seed. Obviously these birds and this lady are friends. I thought it was pretty cool. THEN!! Prepare yourselves for this!! I finish eating and still have about an hour and a half before my appointment so I sit there just listening to my music. Well this really attractive guy (aka Trouble) comes along and sits on this bench across the way from me. I started randomly thinking how asking someone the time would be a great way to start a conversation. Not even three minutes later he asks, "Quel heure est-t-il?" (What time is it?) I think my mouth probably hung open for a second before I answered wrong. He was a bit confused so he came over to look at my watch. When he got closer I realized that to go along with his black hair he has gorgeous blue-green eyes!! I melted! He went back to his bench and we kinda just sat in silence until he asked me where I was from. He kept saying stuff I didn't know and so I just went and sat by him so we didn't have to yell across the park. I found out he was 21 and a working student in Lyon. He told me I had beautiful blue eyes and asked if he could kiss my cheek (a common practice in France, except they usually don't ask). I said yes of course haha. It was an interesting half hour! French guys are very friendly! Oh and at one point he pulled out a cell phone so I knew he could have looked at that earlier to see the time haha! So I went to my appointment. On the way there I realized I have no idea what that guys name was!! I never asked! I was so mad! But anyways it was like a mad rush up the stairs after the doctor opened back up after lunch. I waited for a while and then the lady called my name and I went into a room and she told me to take my shirt off for the X-ray. Well I kept my bra on at first but she told me to take it off and, yeah, they don't have hospital gowns! Little awkward... then I waited some more and then did an eye test and waited and then checked my heart. It was an interesting experience and I got to keep my X-ray!!! That was exciting! Dimitri picked me up and I fell asleep in the car again. But not the whole way. There was some beautiful country. Sorry I didn't get pictures of that. I was a bit out of it. We came home and I took a shower because I couldn't warm up. I made an attempt to take a nap but was pretty unsuccessful. We went to the village for this huge dinner thing and had some interesting meat with some potatoes. Pretty tasty though. Alisha came back to the house with me and I put Aurore to bed while the family stayed out til midnight haha. Now I'm getting in bed!! Here are the pictures from today =D
Friday, October 24, 2008
Pigeons and European Doctors
Wednesday night I had a horrible nightmare! I dreamed that this guy was going to murder me in two weeks, but wouldn't do it sooner and I was absolutely terrified when I woke up that I didn't really want to go back to sleep. It was one of those nights that I wished I had a guy next to me... Anyways, Thursday was class and so that was fun like always. I showed Enrique the battle wounds he gave me. It was really funny because in class Enrique and I talk quite a bit and have a good time. Well she was asking me my favorite month and I said July because of the 4th and it's summer. She continued asking other people and then asked Enrique and he said July too. She asked if he liked it because I did. I thought it was HILARIOUS!! Poor kid. I won't have class until November 6th, all the schools are on fall break so we'll head to Paris next weekend =D. After class I came home and started lunch. The girls were being a bit unruly so it was a bit rough but we made it through. I came home and took a nap. I picked up Ariadne after school and we walked home and started her English homework. We had a pretty quick dinner and I headed over to Enrique and Juliana's. We watched 10 Things I Hate About You. After that we watched this comedian from Canada who was SO FUNNY! I had a pretty good time and came home at 2 am.
Today I had a doctor's appointment for my social security thing in Lyon. Lyon is about two hours away and Dimitri had a meeting there so he drove and I kinda slept. We went to where his meeting was and then I was supposed to walk and find the doctor's office. I got a bit lost but then found my way. I walked for at least two hours! It was nice though. I got to see quite a bit of the city and stopped at a bakery where as soon as the cashier found out I was American asked who I was voting for haha! So I found the office and still had about two hours to kill. I found a little church with a park and sat on a bench to eat. There were pigeons around and even though they are nasty and gross I felt bad for them because a few of them had string stuck on their feet that had deformed them. Then they all flew away at once for no reason. I watch them go wait on the sidewalk for a lady that was still 30 feet away on the other side of the street. When she gets to them she throws seed. Obviously these birds and this lady are friends. I thought it was pretty cool. THEN!! Prepare yourselves for this!! I finish eating and still have about an hour and a half before my appointment so I sit there just listening to my music. Well this really attractive guy (aka Trouble) comes along and sits on this bench across the way from me. I started randomly thinking how asking someone the time would be a great way to start a conversation. Not even three minutes later he asks, "Quel heure est-t-il?" (What time is it?) I think my mouth probably hung open for a second before I answered wrong. He was a bit confused so he came over to look at my watch. When he got closer I realized that to go along with his black hair he has gorgeous blue-green eyes!! I melted! He went back to his bench and we kinda just sat in silence until he asked me where I was from. He kept saying stuff I didn't know and so I just went and sat by him so we didn't have to yell across the park. I found out he was 21 and a working student in Lyon. He told me I had beautiful blue eyes and asked if he could kiss my cheek (a common practice in France, except they usually don't ask). I said yes of course haha. It was an interesting half hour! French guys are very friendly! Oh and at one point he pulled out a cell phone so I knew he could have looked at that earlier to see the time haha! So I went to my appointment. On the way there I realized I have no idea what that guys name was!! I never asked! I was so mad! But anyways it was like a mad rush up the stairs after the doctor opened back up after lunch. I waited for a while and then the lady called my name and I went into a room and she told me to take my shirt off for the X-ray. Well I kept my bra on at first but she told me to take it off and, yeah, they don't have hospital gowns! Little awkward... then I waited some more and then did an eye test and waited and then checked my heart. It was an interesting experience and I got to keep my X-ray!!! That was exciting! Dimitri picked me up and I fell asleep in the car again. But not the whole way. There was some beautiful country. Sorry I didn't get pictures of that. I was a bit out of it. We came home and I took a shower because I couldn't warm up. I made an attempt to take a nap but was pretty unsuccessful. We went to the village for this huge dinner thing and had some interesting meat with some potatoes. Pretty tasty though. Alisha came back to the house with me and I put Aurore to bed while the family stayed out til midnight haha. Now I'm getting in bed!! Here are the pictures from today =D




Today I had a doctor's appointment for my social security thing in Lyon. Lyon is about two hours away and Dimitri had a meeting there so he drove and I kinda slept. We went to where his meeting was and then I was supposed to walk and find the doctor's office. I got a bit lost but then found my way. I walked for at least two hours! It was nice though. I got to see quite a bit of the city and stopped at a bakery where as soon as the cashier found out I was American asked who I was voting for haha! So I found the office and still had about two hours to kill. I found a little church with a park and sat on a bench to eat. There were pigeons around and even though they are nasty and gross I felt bad for them because a few of them had string stuck on their feet that had deformed them. Then they all flew away at once for no reason. I watch them go wait on the sidewalk for a lady that was still 30 feet away on the other side of the street. When she gets to them she throws seed. Obviously these birds and this lady are friends. I thought it was pretty cool. THEN!! Prepare yourselves for this!! I finish eating and still have about an hour and a half before my appointment so I sit there just listening to my music. Well this really attractive guy (aka Trouble) comes along and sits on this bench across the way from me. I started randomly thinking how asking someone the time would be a great way to start a conversation. Not even three minutes later he asks, "Quel heure est-t-il?" (What time is it?) I think my mouth probably hung open for a second before I answered wrong. He was a bit confused so he came over to look at my watch. When he got closer I realized that to go along with his black hair he has gorgeous blue-green eyes!! I melted! He went back to his bench and we kinda just sat in silence until he asked me where I was from. He kept saying stuff I didn't know and so I just went and sat by him so we didn't have to yell across the park. I found out he was 21 and a working student in Lyon. He told me I had beautiful blue eyes and asked if he could kiss my cheek (a common practice in France, except they usually don't ask). I said yes of course haha. It was an interesting half hour! French guys are very friendly! Oh and at one point he pulled out a cell phone so I knew he could have looked at that earlier to see the time haha! So I went to my appointment. On the way there I realized I have no idea what that guys name was!! I never asked! I was so mad! But anyways it was like a mad rush up the stairs after the doctor opened back up after lunch. I waited for a while and then the lady called my name and I went into a room and she told me to take my shirt off for the X-ray. Well I kept my bra on at first but she told me to take it off and, yeah, they don't have hospital gowns! Little awkward... then I waited some more and then did an eye test and waited and then checked my heart. It was an interesting experience and I got to keep my X-ray!!! That was exciting! Dimitri picked me up and I fell asleep in the car again. But not the whole way. There was some beautiful country. Sorry I didn't get pictures of that. I was a bit out of it. We came home and I took a shower because I couldn't warm up. I made an attempt to take a nap but was pretty unsuccessful. We went to the village for this huge dinner thing and had some interesting meat with some potatoes. Pretty tasty though. Alisha came back to the house with me and I put Aurore to bed while the family stayed out til midnight haha. Now I'm getting in bed!! Here are the pictures from today =D
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
Hi Hannah. This is Angela and my sister Christina. France looks amazing. We are going to watch you blog so keep it up. We have posted a blog about your mom you have to look at. Take care.
Post a Comment