Saturday, October 4, 2008

PEPSI and Stick Shifts

TGIF! I love Fridays because it is my first day off in the week. I don't have to do ANYthing! So I didn't, I slept in, took a long shower, read, took a nap and then eventually got dressed and ready for the day. The girls came home from school and Sophie came home from work. I played with the girls for a bit then we had dinner. Oh let me explain dinners in France. You don't necessarily wait for the whole family to get there to start eating. You start with something fresh generally, like a salad or vegetable, then to the main course once everyone is done with the first course. After the main course they break out the cheese. LOTS AND LOTS OF CHEESE! My favorite so far is the parmesan. I will never buy it in the plastic bottle again. It's so much better off the block. Then you can have dessert and what. They drink a lot of water during dinner and you almost always have bread of course.

Anyways, after dinner we took Ariadne to her orchestra class and Sophie and I went grocery shopping. We spent over an hour there and went down pretty much every isle. We had a good time. Things really aren't too different here, they have some of the same stuff we do as far as food. Just a lot more bread and cheese. And the best part... I found PEPSI!! I was sooooooo shocked! It does taste a little differnt but not bad. I was pretty excited about it so Sophie bought me some. After shopping Alisha and I walked down to the soccer game that we found out was old guys when we got there so we walk back up to my house and got ready to go to Geneva. We got all dressed up and left. I drove my little stick car with nothing but a map all the way to Switzerland! I was so proud of myself! I KNOW HOW TO DRIVE A STICK! Quite the accomplishment haha! Our experience in Geneva was not what we expected at all! So we didn't stay as long as planned and just came home and slept.

Today the family is having a little party for Ines' birthday and then I'm watching the kids while the parents go out later tonight. Should be kinda fun. I'll probably miss a soccer game but oh well...

No comments: