Sunday, October 12, 2008

Numb...

Alisha and I had previously planned to go out again last night but that plan eventually became to overwhelming considering we were both still recovering from Friday night. We did decided to go to Charlie's for a bit but when we got there it was closed. It was nice to go to bed a bit early (like 1:30 a.m. instead of 6 a.m.). I woke up this morning and got ready for church. I drove to the bus station (got lost on the way and was running late already) and then took the 56 bus to one of the bus stops and got off and was going to catch the 29 to Balexert. Well apparently the 29 doesn't run on Sundays so I had no idea how to get to church! I was freezing and was running out of time on bus ticket and had no more change. Unfortunately I missed church today. It was pretty disappointing! I took a nap and then ate some lunch. It was a very relaxing day; I read for a while and then Alisha and I took a walk. It's been really foggy today so you can't see much. It was sunny up here in Thoiry but down in the valley where Geneva it is impossible to see. I look out my window and I have to sometimes remind myself that I'm living in France. It doesn't seem real to say that I live in France and go dancing in Switzerland. I've had two dreams in the last two or three nights that I'm still preparing to go to France and that I have to say goodbye again. It's been really strange. But I am thoroughly enjoying myself! I love our little village and meeting so many different people! Who knows what I'll do when the year is up. Oh and the tip of my toe is still numb! I don't know what on earth is going on with it. I guess I learned my lesson not to wear heels ever again to go dancing haha. Sophie and I made some Greek pie or something. It has spinach, green onions, feta cheese and eggs so I'm pretty excited to taste it. I think dinner is ready so I'm going to go. Hope everyone had a great Sabbath!!

1 comment:

Average Me said...

Sorry to hear about your toe. It's pain to be beautiful. lol I hope that you get a hot date out of your numb toe. I bet you looked hot. I am so glad your having fun. Let me know how dinner went. Sounds delicious. Muah