Friday, October 31, 2008
Paris
I got to sleep in today without the kids waking me up!! What an accomplishment! I had some breakfast and then just relaxed and got ready for the day. We had lunch later when the girls came back from the museum with their aunt. Sophie, Ines and I went to walk around Paris. Our first stop on the metro was Notre Dame. It was absolutely amazing! So much detail! We took a few pictures but it was kinda crappy with the cold but we kept going. We went to get a crepe which was basically delicious and then continued our trek. We stopped at some souvenir shops and I got a key chain and some postcards. Of course, no trip to Paris is complete without seeing the Eiffel Tower. The elevator is too expensive so we took the stairs and made our way up. I was in awe as soon as we got there. It's just HUGE! So much work and paint and steel and wow! As it got dark they lit it up in blue lights and then every hour they make is sparkle. Quit the experience! I'm excited to come back haha. After we walked around up on the first level we went back down and came home for dinner. I taught the girls how to play MASH so we played for a while. The girls went to bed and now I'm getting ready to do the same. OH yeah!! My sister-in-law Kendra is having a GIRL!!! Two girls coming to the Swope family in March!!!! So excited! Oh yeah and Happy Halloween! I hope everyone is celebrating because they can! Here they don't celebrate so instead of dressing up, I'm dressing down and going to bed... Oh well I'M IN FRANCE!!









Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
Ok, reading your blog and seeing your pictures makes me want to be there with you. Angela and I got to go to Paris together and it was amazing and seeing your pictures brings back a lot of great memories. I like reading your blog even though I don't know you. I think you have amazing parents and I hope to meet you someday!!
Post a Comment