Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Charlie's and Peek-A-Boo

Today was my first day with just the two oldest girls at lunch. I picked them up and we came home for lunch. I made tomato slices with motzarella cheese splashed with balsamic and olive oil, vegetables and hamburger. It was so good! Anyways I'm still setting the boundaries with these kids and I'm making sure they know they can't get away with a lot of the things their parents let them get away with. So it was a bit rough but we did ok. I took them back to school and then went to Alisha's. We were going to start painting her studio today but the guys were putting in the windows and we didn't want to be in their way so I came home and took a nap. After my nap I picked up Aurore and a little boy named Philip. Neither of them speak English so it was a bit interesting but when we got home we just got on the swings and things went fine. I think Aurore is really starting to warm up to me. We have workers here doing work on the patio and what not so I think she kinda clung to me because I was her only familiar person. She and I played on my bed and I'd hide her under the blankets and then yell, "Peek-a-boo" and she would just giggle. She has such a sweet laugh. The older girls came home and we took Ariadne to track, while she was gone the youngest two and I watch Jack Johnson music videos on youtube.com because one has an animated monkey on it. I cooked dinner while Sophie was at parent teacher conferences.

After dinner one of the other au pairs from my French class, Lauren, had invited me and Alisha to go out with her. So she picked us up and we went to Charlie's Pub. It was a really clean place with a pleasant atmosphere thankfully. Of course I just got coke, so don't worry mom. There were some cute guys there but it was nice to just talk with the girls and exchange stories. Lauren is from Australia so I just liked listening to her talk =D. Oh my gosh I saw the most beautiful Dodge Charger in my life!!! It was black (my favorite color for a car) and tinted windows. I really want to find out who drives it! I think I'll marry him, thank you! Oh and I saw the moon for the second time tonight since I've been here!! The first being Sunday night or something. So tonight was a well deserved night out! Things are so much better now that I'm meeting more people my age, I love it!! Well I better hit the hay! Night, bon soir!

No comments: