Saturday, October 11, 2008

Dancing Queen

HOLY COW! Enough said! Last night was the most fun I've had in a REALLY long time! The girls (Lauren and Alisha) and I left Thoiry around nine and went to Lauren's friend's house. Her name is Christine. The drive alone was an adventure! I haven't been driving a stick long but I'm doing really well, but driving in Europe is A WHOLE OTHER THING! The stop lights are on the side where a stop sign would be so you don't notice them at first. The light turns from green to yellow to red then BACK to yellow before turning green. It's so bizzare! Get ready, get set, GO! There are a lot of one way streets and you can't always tell which ones are which. So we hung out at Christine's and got ready and had some food. Christine is a really nice girl. She's from Germany and is an au pair in Geneva, but used to be one here in Thoiry and that is how Lauren met her. After a while we drove to Sip and they didn't let us in. They were letting a lot of older people in and there apparently wasn't the usual long line so we think maybe something was going on. We were really bummed because we had no idea where else to go, our plans were kinda banking on that one club. We trudged back to the car and saw some boys and asked them where another one was, they told us to go to Bypass and we headed off on another adventure. We really weren't positive where it was so we asked this guy on a moped at the gas station if he knew. He tells us to follow him and let's just say he's not a good leader. I think I cut off like twelve people just to follow him. But he gets us there and we parked in the wrong place and the police came and made us move. There was a parking garage attached to the dance club so we parked there and walked to the door where we find out it is 20 swiss francs and Christine decides she really doesn't want to go in. So she takes the tram back to her house. The three of us were really reluctant to let her go by herself but she assured us she's be fine and made us go in. We went in and it was CRAWLING with attractive, young, single, EUROPEAN guys!!! I'm sure Alisha probably had to close my mouth for me. It was crazy! So we danced our little hearts out, met three really nice, attractive (almost thought they were gay) guys who we hung out with til the club closed at 5 a.m. William, Fredrico and Hugo. OH and everyone here is a lot "friendlier". They put their hand on your back as they pass (in the club), not a creepy way, just being polite and letting you know they are passing I guess. But it was a little strange at first when I realized it wasn't Alisha's hand on my back. OH MY GOSH! This one guy walks past, and remember this place is PACKED, so he's really close, looks at me for about five seconds and then tries to BITE ME!! I was so caught off guard because I had no idea what on earth he was doing! So I just back into the crowd as quickly as I could. When we left the club we told the guys we'd get our car and then come meet them at theirs... well when we came out the parking garage the only thing we could do was get on this highway that we had absolutely no idea where it went. So needless to say we didn't meet them to say bye, couldn't call them so they probably think we're really mean. I felt so incredibly bad that we basically ditched them and bummed because they were HOT! But we finally got to the right road and got home around 5:30 a.m. We weren't lost for as long as I thought we'd be. Basically last night is a night that goes down in my history book!!!! And after going to sleep at 6 a.m. you'd think I'd be sleeping for at least another two hours to get seven hours of sleep but I woke up at ten and couldn't go back to sleep. So we'll see. Afternoon nap sounds good! And then maybe another night out haha doubt that. I don't think my feet could take it. I wore heals and we walked around and then danced for at least three hours. At the moment I can't feel the tip of my second toe on my right foot, hope that's not a problem...

No comments: