Sunday, October 19, 2008

Movies, European Pizza and Painting With Putty

OnThursday night I went to watch a movie with Enrique. It took us a while to pick one out but after much soul searching we decided on The Italian Job. He just cracks me up. First I was looking through all his movies and was a little more than half way through, he looks at me funny and says, "You don't like any of those?" I told him I did I just like to go through them all and look at all my options. Then he proceeds to tell me that I'm doing it wrong and have to have a "maybe" pile and then I can have a "tournament" between those and see who wins. SO I had to start ALL OVER! Picking out movies is not a task for the faint-hearted. Juliana came home and so between all of us we picked the movie. It took a while for us all to figure out how to watch the movie in their DVD player. We have about 15 or 20 minutes left in the movie and Enrique pushes a button, it stops it and we have no idea how to get it going again. By this time it was probably one or so in the morning. After that we watched a few episodes of "That 70's Show" on his laptop. How I have missed that show!!!!

Then Friday was my day off which by default is my favorite. I got to sleep in, take a long shower and just enjoy myself, that was nice for about six hours but by then I was needing some sort of social outlet. Thankfully Juliana text me and asked if I wanted to come watch my movie with her. I drove to Ferney and we finished the movie and then started watching one with Enrique until Juliana had a craving for pizza. So she and I went to pick up my first European pizza with ham and pineapple. The only main difference was that the crust was pretty thin and there was gobs of ham. It was good! So we ate that while her dad told us all sorts of different things about getting to Amsterdam and what not. (We're pretty dang excited about that for sure!) Their parents are really cool. After dinner I took a bunch of music off my iPod and put some of her's and then a bunch of Enrique's music on it. I love new music! Enrique and I have very similar tastes in music so that was pretty cool. I stayed there til about 2 a.m. and just talked with Juliana.

Yesterday I slept in later than usual because I was sleeping so soundly. The screaming children didn't even wake me up. I decide my roots were overdue to be dyed so I picked up Alisha and we went to Val-Thoiry to decode the hairdye boxes. Thankfully they have the brand I always use so it didn't matter that the instructions were in French only. Alisha assisted me in doing that and then she left and I took a shower. After dinner she and I walked down to the soccer and to our disappointment they were already done so we went to her studio to paint the walls. Holy cow! We find out we only have paint brushes, no rollers, to paint these 15 foot walls! And then when open the paint to discover it is as thick as pudding!!! It was such a different experience. But I guess we had fun doing that and just talking. I went home and got in bed after that.

Today I did make it to church. Dimitri looked at the map with me and then I left with plenty of time to get lost and still get there in time. I only got a little lost and arrived with ten minutes to spare. I am not on the activities commity for church. That should be fun. I met my home teacher, for those of you who have no idea what that is, in our church every family gets assigned to men that come by once a month to make sure you're doing well and yada yada yada. It's pretty cool. Mine are both from BYU I think. Both very tall blondes. Sam is doing an internship and Jason working at this scientific place haha. So we talked after church for about an hour. They seem like really fun guys, but they both leave like next month so oh well. I took Jason home because he lives near me and doesn't have a car. After I got home I took the Sunday Afternoon Nap, a popular and favorite Mormon tradition =D. Yeah and I woke up and decided to do this since I had been lazy and skipped out on it the last few days. I think maybe now I'll study a little French... maybe.

OH and I'm getting another NIECE!! YAY!!!

1 comment:

Average Me said...

Okay who is Enrique and is he hot? Give me the juice girl. I wanna hear all the dishy details. Hope you are well. Love your face.