Sunday, October 5, 2008
The Clouds Have Lifted
I woke up this morning to one of the most beautiful sights. Here it is either foggy and cloudy or one of the other. You can either see Geneva from my window or you can just see one of the mountains. Today you could see EVERYTHING! I did not realize how close I was to the French and Swiss Alpes! They are absolutely majestic! I was in complete awe. What a welcomed sight after rain and clouds. We had a late brunch followed by a hike up the mountain we live on (I can't remember the name). One of the girls complained and whined the whole way up and down but nonetheless it was a beautiful, CLEAR day! You could see the big water spout near Lake Leman. The fields were green and looked so soft and quaint. It really is a beautiful country! The Alpes were covered in snow and didn't look real. I'm sure when and if my brother Jonathan comes he'll want to a bunch of hiking of some sort. I took some great pictures that I will post in a few weeks when my cord comes. It was so wonderful. When I came home I took a nap, shower and watched a bit of conference before dinner. Conference here was six to eight and now ten to midnight. So I probably won't finish all of it because I have my french class. Good thing the Ensign prints it out :). Dinner was so good and we even had motzarella cheese to eat afterward (one of my favorites). Alisha and I walked around as usual and then went to her house to start planning out trip to Rome for New Years!!!! We're so excited and we can hardly stand it! Yay!! Now we just need to find guys to kiss at midnight ;). We'll probably stay there long enough to celebrate my birthday there too if we can have enough work off. Should be a blast. Oh and I found out I get to go to Paris in a few weeks. We have a two week break from school so Sophie wants to take me and the girls to see her mom and brothers. It won't be as fun without Alisha but it'll still be awesome. We'll I'm gonna finish watching conference and go to bed so I can get enough beauty sleep before I see the hot guy in my french class =D!! Bon soir!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
Hey Hannah! I just read through your blog and I am so envious of your adventure! Eat some cheese and chocolate for me too. Sounds like things are going well for you. We miss you and look forward to reading more of your blog. Take care! Shauna
Livin lavida loca. =) I am so glad you're having a great time. Can't wait for the pictures. How long will you be there, do you know? Lovein your face.
Post a Comment