Monday, November 10, 2008

Amsterdam

Friday morning approached earlier than I had wanted only because I went to bed late but I still woke up on time and met Alisha at her house at about 6:45 a.m. We went to Ferney to pick up Enrique, Juliana and Juan. They had a cooler of food and that was pretty exciting haha. We said goodbye to their mom and headed out. We got about 10 minutes down the road and Juliana had forgotten her passport so we had to turn around, almost killed a squirrel but eventually got on the road. Alisha and Juan were asleep by the time we got to Bellegarde, which is only about 20 minutes away. Enrique was a great co-pilot/dj. He and I had so much fun this weekend together. We stopped to use the bathroom or get food or gas about every two hours or so. We drove through France then Luxembourg then Belgium and then into Holland. The trip took a total of 10.5 hours. Thankfully we had the GPS! We checked into the hostel and thought it would only be the five of us in one room but there was another guy, in his forties probably, from Phoenix that was in there too. He was a pretty cool guy from what we saw. We didn't see him much. So we went out to check out the time. We took the bus downtown and saw so many beautiful buildings! The canals were so pretty but they were a bit confusing because all the bridges looked the same confused us quite a bit. We wanted to go dancing but never found a place to go so we just walked around a bit and then went back to the hostel because it was late.

The next day we slept in and had breakfast at the hostel. Across the street there was a flea market that we walked through and I bought a really cute purse for only 5 euros!!! Everything was so much cheaper there than in France and Switzerland! We walked around town for the day and walked to the Van Gogh Museum and had lunch at a little shop. We took an afternoon nap then went to a pizza place for dinner. After that we went back downtown and did some shopping. I bought some really cute slippers than are shaped like the wooden ones they have there, a ring, a keychain and I think that's it. We all just had a really good time hanging out together! It was a very relaxed vacation that was well deserved! I loved how all the streets were paved with brick. Don't worry we didn't even go near the red light district. So we left yesterday morning and made the 10.5 hour trip home. I drove the whole way there and the whole way back. There was a leaf that stuck on my wiper the whole way there and half the way back. I start to get a bit crazy when I drive for that long haha. But all in all it was a great trip!!! We got back to Enrique's house and his parents had made us dinner and so they heated it back up and fed us. It was really sweet! We stayed there for a short bit then went came home. I dropped Alisha off and then came home and showered and went to bed.

Today I've had my French class so far. Enrique didn't show up like he said he would so I had to answer all the questions about Amsterdam by myself. I picked up the girls for lunch and then we skipped all the way down to school, very tiring! Now I'm just gonna relax and get a few things done and pick them up from school. Later!

1 comment:

Average Me said...

Thought you would enjoy this. It's so dang cute. http://vimeo.com/2113477?pg=embed&sec=2113477.
Copy the html and past it in your search engine. Love your face.