Well I've been here two whole days now. It's different in many ways but some things are the same that I would not have expected. First off on the plane ride over here I had three seats all to myself so I slept most of the way. I was still a bit tired by ten. I stopped at the bakery and got fresh bread for breakfast. I have my own room and bathroom minus a toilet. That's in its own room. I got to take a shower. They don't dry their towels in a drier so it was like drying off with soft sand paper. Well not that bad but close haha.
We did quite a bit of running around with the girls (there is no school on Wednesdays here). There are three girls Ariande (pronounced are-he-en) she's 9, Ines is 8 and Aurore is 2. The youngest is a doll and she just loves me already. She can say my name but nothing in English. The family speaks English which is very nice for me! We went to the mall and they had a store much like a small version of Wal-mart. They have the hair dye I use wooo! We had lunch. I tried some goat cheese and some other cheeses too. One left my mouth tasting similar to the smell of a barn... and that was one of the better tasting ones =D. So it'll be interesting to see what I end up really enjoying.
The house is at the base of a mountain. It's much greener here and cooler because the sun does not shine much which will be a tough thing for me. I guess on really clear days you can see the French Alps which are on the other side of Geneva I think.
I made myself stay awake until 9 pm and then went to bed. I woke up around 4 am but fourced myself to sleep longer. When I woke up I ate some cereal. Oh yeah the milk isn't always kept in the frig and it's a more yellow color. Anyways I then had a headache so I went to bed for a bit longer. I walked down to the school with the girls and Sophie after lunch. The walk up is much harder because it's a very steep walk. The village is so quaint. Pretty much like the movies but the roads are paved with asfault rather than brick. The roads are very narrow and people drive much faster than they should.
Speaking of driving, my car used to be her mother's so it's not new but not too old. It's kinda funny looking. It's white with four doors and is a French brand of car. We took it driving tonight. It was an interesting trip. It was much easier than I thought so I guess that's good but a bit tricky. Poor Sophie probably thought we were going to die. I was surprised when I got here to see large cars, I saw some SUVs and even a Nissan Frontier! And something else I didn't think I would see was toilet paper that was soft. The stuff they have is pretty nice haha. Nothing else to report that I can think of. Oh and pictures to come as soon as I get my laptop cord. I'm using one of their laptop that thankfully has an American keyboard because the French one is a little different and it was giving me trouble. Tomorrow I'll go to Geneva all day and walk around by myself while Dimitri is at work. Night!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
YAY Hannah. Sounds so awesome. What an adventure. I know you'll just enjoy and love it there soon. I hope you settle quickly. I want a pic of your car too. I love you and think of you often. Live an adventure for me. Love your face.
Sounds interesting, but i am a bit jealous. I cant wait for the pictures! Be safe!
P.S. there is a bun in the oven :)
Post a Comment