Friday, September 26, 2008
Well unfortunately I woke up at 3:30 this morning and could not sleep anymore so I stayed in bed for a few hours then called Kelsey. I had cramps something fierce and was probably still suffering from some jetlag that I thought I had overcome but apparently not. So when everyone got up I had some cereal and sat with them. I didn't go to Geneva today with Dimitri as planned because I knew I would be way too tired and wasn't sure how I'd be feeling. Once they left for school and work I went back to bed until one pm. Didn't mean to sleep that long but it sure was a good sleep that I'm sure my body needed. I stayed in bed and read and just relaxed for a while. I decided to get ready and do something with my day so when Sophie came home I walked down with her to pick the girls up from school. I met some more people and thankfully some spoke English. We met a lady who also has an au pair from The States. She's from Michigan. So on our way home we saw them playing in the yard and decided to stop in and meet her. She seems very sweet and it's comforting to know someone else in a very similar situation. There is some sort of celebration in town today that we're all going to and I invited Alisha(the other au pair) to go with us. And then tomorrow perhaps she and I will go to Geneva so I can get a cord!!!! Things during the day here are fun and I enjoy myself but I do get homesick at night sometimes. It's just different living at your job and not sure when you should be working or when you can do things on your own. But I knew to an extent how things would be and what I was getting myself into. So I'll deal. Well I better get ready for dinner and the celebration tonight!! Maybe if I'm lucky there will be some cute guys =D. Maybe!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment