Thursday, April 23, 2009

"Mother EFF!!!" =D

I have to admit that I'm updating this blog with a bit of regret in my mind, I'd rather be reading... But at least this way I get to listen to the newest additions to my music collection. My passion for music has become all the more apparent to me. I had written a poem one day when I was feeling inspired and I related music to ecstasy without really thinking about it. But I was reading it to a friend and she says, "Wow Hannah you really are passionate about music." This caught me off guard at how much she would notice that. She explained that she could tell because I was relating it to one of the most pleasurable drugs. I guess I'm learning more about myself everyday. I listen to music almost constantly. When I'm in the car, going to sleep, at my computer, walking to school, laying out etc. Maybe like Kate Hudson says in Bride Wars, "People with iPod are afraid of being left alone with their thoughts." That could very well be true but it brings such pleasure to my whole soul. And finding someone that shares that same passion for music is very important to me. I want to find my "musical soulmate".

On to the real update. My mom and Renee came to visit me on the 9th and stayed until yesterday. Saturday night I took Renee out for her first night of clubbing in Europe. Quite entertaining... The Monday after they arrived we drove down to Marseilles and stayed there for the day and laying on the beach was pure euphoria for me. There were indeed some topless tanners, always the ones you wish had a top on! Especially the 500 lb woman with thong bottoms on. Yeah talk about disturbing!!!! We met some interesting guys to talk to all due to Renee talking so loudly with her headphones on about the other people over there with a football and her being almost as excited as a kid with a Popsicle!! After our afternoon at the beach we drove to Nice only to get lost for hours upon arriving in the city, looking for our hostel. The hostel was nice and we were shortly joined by two Australian boys ;D. After breakfast we walked around the town down to the beach, this one being not as enjoyable because no one really likes to lay on little rocks. The Flower Market grabbed our attention on the way back to the car. Once our stomachs were full of Kebabs we headed to Monaco. What a beautiful place it is! We found out that you actually have to have an invitation to live there. Crazy! The traffic was a bit unbearable due to the Rolex Masters going on there. From Monaco we drove to Milan, Italy. It should have only taken us about 4 hours but due to bumper to bumper traffic it took at least six. Mom sleeping with her feet out the window inspired Renee to hang out her window and reach around the back to tickle Mom's feet, entertaining the other poor and bored drivers in our traffic jam. At least no one seemed to notice us changing in the car... Milan was nice. We checked into the hostel and then went hunting for dinner. The next day we walked along the store fronts of Armani and other prestigious stores. Gelato is what captured our direct and immediate attention-other than the HUGE picture of David Beckham in his undwear of course! We stayed in the square and walked around the church after getting a picture with a really attractive guard. Crazy girls we are. Between the laughing and laughing uncontrollably we had an awesome time!! It was sad to watch them go but today is my 7th month marker of being here in France. I only have 3 months and 11 days til I return to the States and have to move on with my life doing God knows what (litterally). A future of a milllion and more possibilities is both invigorating and terrifying! We'll see where the peaces fall. Anyone up for giving me piano lessons? This is the life!

No comments: